What is orthodontics?
Orthodontics or Orthopedics of the jaw is a branch of dentistry that deals with correcting the incorrect position of the teeth with the help of fixed and mobile devices.
Improper tooth position results in the following:
- Poor dentition aesthetics
- Improper bite, which over a number of years can lead to tooth decay and loss due to its bad effect on the tooth support apparatus.
- Dental caries, because poorly placed teeth, most often compacted, create inaccessible spaces between them, which makes it difficult to maintain good oral hygiene and thus accelerates the formation of dental caries on poorly visible and inaccessible parts of the teeth.
- Periodontitis, due to the impossibility of good maintenance of the space between the teeth, over time leads to the creation of the so-called. pockets, which are actually cavities in the jaw bone, caused by chronic gingivitis. In the later stages, the tooth begins to shake due to a large loss of bone (supporting) tissue.
- Pain in the jaw joint can occur as a consequence of many years of poor relationship between the upper and lower jaw, which was caused by poor tooth position.
Today, orthodontic appliances are worn equally by children and adults, because it is never too late for such decisions.
Treat yourself to a beautiful and proper smile in the BEST possible way ... with your natural teeth!